Page 1 of 36 pages
(576 pictures)
Picture relating to Stanthorpe - titled '54 Archibald Street Stanthorpe'
Picture relating to Gilgandra - titled 'A fine Agave flower'
Picture relating to Spring Bluff - titled 'Spring Bluff'
Picture relating to Port Lincoln - titled 'Port Lincoln SA'
Picture relating to Merimbula Weather Station - titled 'Merimbula Weather Station'
Picture relating to Muogamarra Nature Reserve - titled 'Muogamarra Nature Reserve'
Picture relating to Greta - titled 'Greta'
Picture relating to Gibraltar Peak - titled 'Gibraltar Peak'
Picture relating to Esperance - titled 'Victorian tea tree weed sign Esperance'
Picture relating to Esperance - titled 'Pelargonium weed alert sign Esperance'
Picture relating to Harrington Park - titled 'Harrington Park    near Bowral '
Picture relating to Harrington Park - titled 'Harrington Park James Fairfax's Home '
Picture relating to Wentworth - titled 'Jacaranda Trees Wentworth'
Picture relating to Queenscliff - titled 'Queenscliff Harbour'
Picture relating to Penguin - titled 'Garden flowers at Penguin'
Picture relating to Penguin - titled 'East Penguin'

Browse by page:

- select a page range

    Sort the collection:

    Narrow the collection:

    - click on a year

    - click on a type of place

    54 Archibald Street Stanthorpe

    contributed by CLancaster, taken in 1953
    (contact CLancaster about this picture | see more pictures from CLancaster - open in new window)

    This house was home of the Lancaster family from 1951 to about 1975. Fred Lancaster purchased the house after selling the "Busy Bee Orchard" at Amiens where the family had lived and worked for over 30 years. The house was originally a two bedroom and Fred extended the house adding another two rooms and enclosing the small front veranda. Note that at this time there was no curbing and channeling. Fred was a very keen gardener and grew flowers in the front and up both sides of the house. he had an extensive vegetable garden at the rear and established several fruit trees. One tree had several verities of apples grafted on it.