Page 1 of 1 pages
(2 pictures)
Picture relating to Sydney Cove - titled 'Sydney Cove'
Picture relating to Shark Bay - titled 'Shark Bay'

Sydney Cove

contributed by degjessop, taken on 6 November 2013
(contact degjessop about this picture | see more pictures from degjessop - open in new window)

In 1837 the East bank of Sydney Cove was sold off to raise funds to construct the new Government House. In 1837 the bank was quarried for foreshore reclamation and the semicircular quay was completed in 1844 as indicated by square markers set in the pavement.