Page 1 of 1 pages
(1 pictures)
Picture relating to Stanthorpe - titled 'Groom's Hotel in Maryland Street Stanthorpe, ca. 1872'

Groom's Hotel in Maryland Street Stanthorpe, ca. 1872

contributed by QldPics, taken in 1872
(contact QldPics about this picture)

Groom's Hotel opened on 19 October 1872 and closed on 28 February 1874. Another hotel in the photograph is the White Horse and the Roll-Up Tree is on the right. This tree was used for town meetings and was burnt down in 1875. (Description taken from: Harslett and Royle, They came to a Plateau : (the Stanthorpe saga), 3rd ed., 1980)

This picture is also part of the following Bonzle photo collections: