Page 1 of 1 pages
(4 pictures)
Picture relating to Warwick - titled 'Second St. Mark's Church of England, Warwick, ca. 1872'
Picture relating to Stanthorpe - titled 'Wedding at Stanthorpe's Presbyterian Church, December 1872'
Picture relating to Brisbane - titled 'James Davis poses in front of his crockery store, George Street, Brisbane, ca. 1872'
Picture relating to Stanthorpe - titled 'St Pauls Church of England, Stanthorpe, Queensland, 1872'

Second St. Mark's Church of England, Warwick, ca. 1872

contributed by QldPics, taken in 1872
(contact QldPics about this picture)


The inscription on the foundation stone reads: 'In the name of the blessed and undivided Trinity, this stone was laid March 19th A.D. 1868 by the Lord Bishop of the Diocese, in dedication of this church to St. Mark'. Several articles were sealed in the foundation stone, including current coins of the realm, stamps, copies of local papers and records of church conferences. The church was built between 1868 and 1873.

The first wooden St. Mark's Church can be seen in the background. (Description supplied with photograph)