Page 1 of 1 pages
(3 pictures)
Picture relating to Greenvale - titled 'Greenvale'
Picture relating to Stanthorpe - titled 'First Prize Certificate presented by the Border Agricultural, Horticultural and Mining Society at their first Agricultural Exhibition, Stanthorpe, 1876'
Picture relating to Indooroopilly - titled 'Footbridge over a creek at Indooroopilly, Brisbane, Queensland, 1876'

Greenvale

contributed by kenmlyall, taken in 1876
(contact kenmlyall about this picture | see more pictures from kenmlyall - open in new window)

William (Willie) Lyall 1851-1901. Born in Melbourne and later worked on his father's properties at Tooradin. In 1875 travelled to Queensland and worked on Christmas Creek Station, west of Townsville, owned by J.G. Francis and Pat Gill. Married Margaret Hemphill in 1884 and the couple moved to Greenvale Station, which Willie leased. "The Queenslander" on 14/3/1896 reported that Mr. W. Lyall of Greenvale Station, who has travelled round the neighbouring stations, reports finding ticks almost everywhere. The "Brisbane Courier" of 2/11/1896 reports the sale of station. After moving to Townsville he became a cattle trader until his death, in 1901. The family later returned to live in Melbourne.

This picture is also part of the Bonzle Cattle (open in new window) photo collection.