Page 1 of 1 pages
(1 pictures)
Picture relating to Jimbour - titled 'From the roof of the Jimbour House, Darling Downs, 1888'

Sort the collection:

Narrow the collection:

Collection currently narrowed to the year 1888.
Click here to show pictures for all years

- click on a year

Collection currently narrowed to pictures of Localities.
Click here to show pictures for all places

- click on a type of place

From the roof of the Jimbour House, Darling Downs, 1888

contributed by QldPics, taken in 1888
(contact QldPics about this picture)


The sandstone blocks were quarried from thee quarries at Bunjinnie, only a few miles from the homestead. Jimbour Station property was one of the largest properties taken up in the 1840s.The pastoral run name was first used by Henry Dennis the pastoralist in 1841.

This picture is also part of the Bonzle Farming (open in new window) photo collection.