Page 1 of 1 pages
(3 pictures)
Picture relating to Charleville - titled 'First church in Charleville, ca. 1895'
Picture relating to Ann Street - titled 'Horsedrawn carriages parked in Ann Street, Brisbane, ca. 1895'
Picture relating to Brisbane - titled 'Aerial view of the central business district of Brisbane, ca. 1895'

First church in Charleville, ca. 1895

contributed by QldPics, taken in 1895
(contact QldPics about this picture)


This is the first Catholic Church and was built on the hill on the corner of Parry and Eyre Streets, Charleville. St. Joseph's was opened in 1887 and was a timber construction. The property was donated by Mrs Janetzky. The presbytery was situated in Alfred Street.

This picture is also part of the Bonzle Construction (open in new window) photo collection.