Page 1 of 1 pages
(1 pictures)
Picture relating to Warwick - titled 'Post Office building in Grafton Street, Warwick, ca. 1899'

Post Office building in Grafton Street, Warwick, ca. 1899

contributed by QldPics, taken in 1899
(contact QldPics about this picture)


The new Post Office building in Saracenic style, was built of sandstone quarried at Yangan. It was completed in 1898 on land which had already been purchased by the government in 1891, at the corner of Palmerin and Grafton Streets. It opened for business in March 1899. This building replaced the Albion Street post office premises, which had often been affected by heavy floods. (Description supplied with photograph)

This picture is also part of the following Bonzle photo collections: