Page 1 of 1 pages
(14 pictures)
Picture relating to Cooktown - titled 'B Class steam locomotive No. 201 in Cooktown, 1899'
Picture relating to Bowen - titled 'Bowen Railway Station after the 1899 cyclone'
Picture relating to Meeandah - titled 'Passengers on the platform of the Meeandah Railway Station, 1899'
Picture relating to Meeandah - titled 'Passengers on the platform of the Meeandah Railway Station, Queensland, 1899'
Picture relating to Warwick - titled 'Commercial Hotel, Warwick, ca. 1899'
Picture relating to Warwick - titled 'Post & Telegraph Office, Warwick, 1899'
Picture relating to Warwick - titled 'Warwick Court House, ca. 1899'
Picture relating to Warwick - titled 'Members of the Warwick Fire Brigade at Queen's Park, 1899'
Picture relating to Warwick - titled 'Grafton and Guy Streets, Warwick, ca. 1899'
Picture relating to Warwick - titled 'Nursing staff in front of the Warwick District Hospital, ca. 1899'
Picture relating to Newstead - titled 'Booroodabin Bowling Club at Newstead, Brisbane, 1899'
Picture relating to Maroochy River - titled 'Officials standing on the railway bridge over the Maroochy River at Yandina, ca.1899'
Picture relating to Childers - titled 'Loading juice tankers at Doolbi Sugar Mill, Childers, 1899'
Picture relating to Bundanoon - titled 'Picnic in the Gullies'

B Class steam locomotive No. 201 in Cooktown, 1899

contributed by QldPics, taken in 1899
(contact QldPics about this picture)


Locomotive No. 201 was originally No. 3 of the Cooktown Railway. It was renumbered in 1889. The locomotive was built by Dubs in 1886 and arrived in Cooktown off the ship the Duke of Westminster in 1887. It entered into service in Cooktown in January 1887 and was transferred to Carins on 6th October 1899 and writtien off in April 1930. (Description supplied with photograph)

This picture is also part of the Bonzle Ships (open in new window) photo collection.