Page 1 of 1 pages
(3 pictures)
Picture relating to Warwick - titled 'Warwick Technical College and State High School, 1915'
Picture relating to Eungella National Park - titled 'View of the road up Eungella Range, ca. 1915'
Picture relating to Brisbane - titled 'View from Jacob's Ladder, King Edward Park, Brisbane, ca. 1915'

Warwick Technical College and State High School, 1915

contributed by QldPics, taken in 1915
(contact QldPics about this picture)


Caption under photograph reads: New Technical College and State High School, Warwick

Warwick Technical College was established in 1895 and moved into a new building in 1906. In July 1910, Warwick was the first centre outside Brisbane to have a Technical College and Secondary Day School under the control of the Department of Public Instruction. The success of the two day secondary schools at Brisbane and Warwick encouraged the Department of Public Instruction to establish six state high schools. Warwick State High School opened in January 1912. The new building, situated in Cunningham Park, corner of Palmenin and Victoria Streets, was erected in 1914. The foundation stone was laid on 28 February 1914 by Governor Sir William MacGregor. The new bulding was opened in October 1915 by Governor Sir Hamilton Goold-Adams. (Description supplied with photograph)